I was perusing the interwebs in my normal computer time way when I came across an article about what trainers do post work out. It gave me inspiration on maybe listing some of my personal faux paus when I run.
1. I almost never stretch post run. I do a cool down walk, but I rarely take the time to stretch post workout now. I can certainly feel the lack, as many parts of my body hurt. It’s probably much worse with the stroller.
2. I usually don’t bring water or snacks. I’m bringing water more with the stroller, but even when I would run around 50 miles a week, I would never bring water. I hate carrying it. I don’t even care when I run 14+ miles (3hr+), I wouldn’t do it. I did hydrate pre-run, but I HATE carrying it. And, no, I don’t like wearing it either.
3. My gait is heavier now. I’m working on this. I used to be better on trails or the road. Treadmill? Total elephant.
4. I wear my shoes too long. I’m poor. I use a normal stroller too. You’ve gotta use what you have.
5. Sometimes, I don’t eat first. Generally, it’s a mistake when I’m in a rush.
What are some of the mistakes you guys make running/working out? I’d love to do a follow up with some additions if I get enough.
If you are an aficionado of walking, running, or jogging I’ve got just the tool for you.
You can use this website to log your miles, find routes, and various other little things. I discovered it over a year ago, and it is by far the best of all of the free pages I’ve found.
They also have an iphone app (and an andriod one coming soon). I’ve never used it (I don’t partake in the none-fruit apple), but it has pretty good reviews. It’s a $5 dollar app, but it’s cheaper than a gps watch or jawbone, etc…
Anyone else love it too?
I have to admit that the reason that I have not posted in a while is that I have slacked off on me exercise. I wish I could say I’ve done anything, but I haven’t. The weather has been hammering us like we’re at the motel after prom (a bunch of rounds with equal disappointment). I still have a good 4 inches of ice around my car (it’s been there at least two weeks). We keep getting snow after snow. The roads have sheets of ice on everywhere that isn’t a main thoroughfare and even some on those too. The state is pretty much out of salt, so there is nothing we can do out here. I’m terrified to drive, because my car is much like the awkward teen I mentioned above. So I’ve been sequestered at home for the most part with one gym day and one run in the last two weeks. Not only that but work keeps getting cancelled so I’ve had short pay checks for a month now.
I’ve even slacked off by eating dairy and at some points meat. This has been a horrible choice. Last Thursday, I had two hot dogs… I paid for those hot dogs. I was sick for 4 days. Four day, I was chained to the toilet. I spent that time dehydrated too, so I’ve learned that lesson. Those days exercise was out of the picture and the weather was nice. 😦
On the bright-side, I’m going to the gym today and I’m going to run on tomorrow or Friday, weather be damned!