I was perusing the interwebs in my normal computer time way when I came across an article about what trainers do post work out. It gave me inspiration on maybe listing some of my personal faux paus when I run.
1. I almost never stretch post run. I do a cool down walk, but I rarely take the time to stretch post workout now. I can certainly feel the lack, as many parts of my body hurt. It’s probably much worse with the stroller.
2. I usually don’t bring water or snacks. I’m bringing water more with the stroller, but even when I would run around 50 miles a week, I would never bring water. I hate carrying it. I don’t even care when I run 14+ miles (3hr+), I wouldn’t do it. I did hydrate pre-run, but I HATE carrying it. And, no, I don’t like wearing it either.
3. My gait is heavier now. I’m working on this. I used to be better on trails or the road. Treadmill? Total elephant.
4. I wear my shoes too long. I’m poor. I use a normal stroller too. You’ve gotta use what you have.
5. Sometimes, I don’t eat first. Generally, it’s a mistake when I’m in a rush.
What are some of the mistakes you guys make running/working out? I’d love to do a follow up with some additions if I get enough.
If you are an aficionado of walking, running, or jogging I’ve got just the tool for you.
You can use this website to log your miles, find routes, and various other little things. I discovered it over a year ago, and it is by far the best of all of the free pages I’ve found.
They also have an iphone app (and an andriod one coming soon). I’ve never used it (I don’t partake in the none-fruit apple), but it has pretty good reviews. It’s a $5 dollar app, but it’s cheaper than a gps watch or jawbone, etc…
Anyone else love it too?
This goal is the one I worry about flatlining in, but I’m staying positive that it’s a true life style change and not a fad (10 months is a long time for a ‘fad’, anyways). So here are my fitness goals.
1. I want to be able to run 20 miles. I have 6 to go. I think this is totally doable.
2. I want to climb a mountain. I have it picked out already. It’s small, and two hours away. I’ll know I’ll bang this out as soon as the weather warms up.
3. I want to try some new trails. Let’s say 6 new trails to make it more concrete. This is a minor goal.
4. I want to start biking tandem with my son. Wish me luck. This takes funds, lol. It would help if he could ride on his own, but you make do. Besides, he’s too big for a stroller and too lazy to do any long distance activity. His unwillingness is strange, because he is a firecracker and high energy.
5. I want to run 6 races. I hope I can start with a 5k on Jan. 12th, but life might interfere. It’s $15 dollars, but this might be too much right now. Frickin’ sad, right? I will, however, do the Gaspee 5k come hell or high water. I also will make sure there is a half marathon in there somewhere.
These are my goals for the year. I have a couple of things that I hope will come true, but they’re back seat to these. Those two things are: doing a pullup and a split.