I was perusing the interwebs in my normal computer time way when I came across an article about what trainers do post work out. It gave me inspiration on maybe listing some of my personal faux paus when I run.
1. I almost never stretch post run. I do a cool down walk, but I rarely take the time to stretch post workout now. I can certainly feel the lack, as many parts of my body hurt. It’s probably much worse with the stroller.
2. I usually don’t bring water or snacks. I’m bringing water more with the stroller, but even when I would run around 50 miles a week, I would never bring water. I hate carrying it. I don’t even care when I run 14+ miles (3hr+), I wouldn’t do it. I did hydrate pre-run, but I HATE carrying it. And, no, I don’t like wearing it either.
3. My gait is heavier now. I’m working on this. I used to be better on trails or the road. Treadmill? Total elephant.
4. I wear my shoes too long. I’m poor. I use a normal stroller too. You’ve gotta use what you have.
5. Sometimes, I don’t eat first. Generally, it’s a mistake when I’m in a rush.
What are some of the mistakes you guys make running/working out? I’d love to do a follow up with some additions if I get enough.